We’re winning the race at Nevco-FinishLynx! We want every track and field event, skating rink and racetrack to utilize the latest in scoring and timing technology. The love of the game is at the forefront of everything we do. The FinishLynx product is arguably the most popular and powerful photo-finish results technology in the world. It is used at major sporting events across the globe, including the Olympic Trials, Kentucky Derby, NASCAR, and the Tour de France. Nevco-FinishLynx is looking to bolster our Production team with a Production Assembler at our Haverhill, MA location. When you join Nevco-FinishLynx, you join a team. It’s what we do together that sets us apart.
Scope of Responsibility
Assemble mechanical and electrical components following specified work instructions and procedures to ensure finished product meets established operational and quality standards.
- Follow and comply with documents such as work instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions
- Complete basic assembling and testing operations and evaluating basic pass/fail criteria
- Continuously performs visual inspections of materials for defects and cleaning to ensure proper operation of various components during assembly
- Report deviations from standard to supervisor for review
- Perform accurate data and record keeping
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Cultivate a culture that assures effective cross functional team work
- Perform job duties in a manner that complies with policies and procedures
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence through consistently being at work on-time and ready to go
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years mechanical assembly experience
- Understanding of blueprints and engineering drawings as well as general procedures for assembly processes is required
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and follow documented procedures
- Daily use of hand tools, and soldering equipment
- J-STD-001 solder training preferred
- Strong attention to detail, very good manual dexterity, ability to work in a team environment
Location: 179 Ward Hill Ave. Haverhill, MA. Haverhill is an industrial suburb about 25 miles north of Boston. Applicants must be willing to relocate to the Boston area.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Production Assembler
Lynx System Developers is the maker of FinishLynx photo-finish technology and produces fully automatic timing systems and sports technology for markets across the world. The company is privately-owned and located in Haverhill, MA. It was founded in 1992 by Doug DeAngelis after he developed the prototype for FinishLynx as a graduate student at MIT. As a long-time runner, DeAngelis saw an opportunity to use digital line-scan technology to produce more accurate photo-finish results for sports. Today, FinishLynx is the most popular (and powerful) photo-finish timing system in the world. It is trusted by thousands of customers, including major sporting events like the Olympic Trials, Kentucky Derby, NASCAR, and the Tour de France. In 2021, Lynx System Developers was acquired by Nevco Sports, LLC.
Nevco Sports, LLC is the largest private manufacturer and provider of display, scoring and audio solutions. For over 85 years, Nevco has provided athletic and recreational facilities of all sizes with the most innovative scoring and LED video display products in the industry. Nevco is known for its specialty in designing custom facility solutions, quality of products, and superior long term financial value. Today, Nevco scoring solutions are used to enhance the fan experience at events in more than 100,000 locations around the world.