FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: North American Sales Manager
We’re winning the race at Nevco-FinishLynx! We want every track and field event, skating rink and racetrack to utilize the latest in scoring and timing technology. The love of the game is at the forefront of everything we do. The FinishLynx product is arguably the most popular and powerful photo-finish results technology in the world. It is used at major sporting events across the globe, including the Olympic Trials, Kentucky Derby, NASCAR, and the Tour de France. Nevco-FinishLynx is looking to bolster our sales team with an Inside Sales Consultant at our Haverhill, MA location. When you join Nevco-FinishLynx, you join a team. It’s what we do together that sets us apart.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Contact prospective customers to discuss Lynx’s full line of products. Recommend products to customers, based on customers’ needs and interests.
- Uncover each customer’s true need and position a solution based on value, not price.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, pricing, customization, and availability.
- Provide quotes and follow up with potential customers to close sales.
- Continuous connection with customers after delivery to confirm satisfaction, offer training and identify future upgrade options.
- Working with marketing and your manager, develop and execute a sales plan for defined campaigns you are assigned to support.
- Support other tasks assigned in support of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related discipline; equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 1-2 years of consultative sales experience; preferably in the sports industry.
- Proven track record of successful sales experience and pipeline management.
- Excellent phone and email communication skills: customers as well as peers and management.
- Ability to develop relationships remotely with potential customers.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Knowledge and interest in the sports industry.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Limited travel may be required.
Location: 179 Ward Hill Ave. Haverhill, MA. Haverhill is an industrial suburb about 25 miles north of Boston. Applicants must be willing to relocate to the Boston area.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Inside Sales Consultant
Lynx System Developers is the maker of FinishLynx photo-finish technology and produces fully automatic timing systems and sports technology for markets across the world. The company is privately-owned and located in Haverhill, MA. It was founded in 1992 by Doug DeAngelis after he developed the prototype for FinishLynx as a graduate student at MIT. As a long-time runner, DeAngelis saw an opportunity to use digital line-scan technology to produce more accurate photo-finish results for sports. Today, FinishLynx is the most popular (and powerful) photo-finish timing system in the world. It is trusted by thousands of customers, including major sporting events like the Olympic Trials, Kentucky Derby, NASCAR, and the Tour de France. In 2021, Lynx System Developers was acquired by Nevco Sports, LLC.
Nevco Sports, LLC is the largest private manufacturer and provider of display, scoring and audio solutions. For over 85 years, Nevco has provided athletic and recreational facilities of all sizes with the most innovative scoring and LED video display products in the industry. Nevco is known for its specialty in designing custom facility solutions, quality of products, and superior long term financial value. Today, Nevco scoring solutions are used to enhance the fan experience at events in more than 100,000 locations around the world.