The boot light on the 5L300 (EtherLynx Pro), 5L400 (Fusion), and 5L2000 (EtherLynx 2000+) is the indicator of boot sequence. The boot light will flash red at first, then quickly flash amber-colored as the camera is booting. If there is a problem with the communication, then the boot light will flash amber, but in a slower sequence – about every second.
Follow the instructions below to correct a communications problem:
- Check the static IP 192.168.0.5
- Check that the firewall is OFF
- Turn OFF any Anti-virus software
- DISABLE the Wireless card – this is not always necessary but a safe habit to keep
- Check that all cable connections are inserted all the way and secure
For Vision-series cameras, there is sometimes an orange blinking boot light which indicates the camera is waiting for connection from the computer. If this is the case, follow these steps.
Still have questions? Contact Tech Support here.
Keywords: Rx, light, connection, communication, camera, boot, power